cd completeion

H.Merijn Brand h.m.brand at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 12 19:22:16 EET 2006

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:53:20 +0200, Kimmo Suominen <kim at tcsh.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 01:02:41PM +0100, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
> > > set listflags=(a /usr/bin/ls)
> > Is this the right place to make a feature request to be able to exclude
> > '.' and '..' in all completions?
>
> What's wrong with fixing your listflags setting to return only the
> information you want in the completion?  I don't see why magic code
> should be added to tcsh to manipulate anything that the listflags
> setting produces.
>
> >From the long thread, it would seem that you want this:
>
>     set listflags=A
>
> Can you elaborate why this doesn't work for you?

Because that never worked with non-GNU ls versions I had to work with.

As I now tested, I was living in the past, as all the AIX and HP-UX machines
I have now *do* support it. Probably the `pro's of applying system patches
 :)

Sorry for the noise

--
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using & porting perl 5.6.2, 5.8.x, 5.9.x  on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00, 11.11,