file 5.01 is now available
christos at zoulas.com
Fri May 1 00:27:01 EEST 2009
File-5.01 is now available from:
This is as expected a bug fix release:
* Fix more cdf lossage. All the documents I have
right now print the correct information.
* don't print \012- separators in the same magic entry
if it consists of multiple magic printing lines.
* Avoid file descriptor leak in compress code from
* Allow escaping of relation characters, so that we can say \^[A-Z]
and the ^ is not eaten as a relation char.
* Fix troff and fortran to their previous glory using
regex. This was broken since their removel from ascmagic.
* don't use strlen in strndup() (Toby Peterson)
* avoid c99 syntax.
* make the cdf code use the buffer first if available,
and then the fd code.
* look for struct option to determine if getopt.h is usable for IRIX.
* sanitize cdf document strings
* fix OS/2 warnings.
The cdf parser is now much more robust and I can't find yet a
document where it fails. There are also quite a lot magic fixes
that were regressions from 4.x. Right now, I believe that most
regressions to 4.x have been fixed, and there is no reason to
support 4.x anymore. Please correct me if I am wrong.
More information about the File