file-4.00 is now available

Christos Zoulas christos at zoulas.com
Mon Mar 24 10:19:49 EST 2003

File 4.00 is now available. This is a .00 release, i.e. expect to find
problems with it. On the other hand, I encourage you to try it out, as
this is the first version of file based on libmagic(3). The initial
breakup of the code and the basic API idea comes from M\xe5ns Rullg\xe5rd,
with a lot of re-writing and cleaning up by me.

Other changes:

    apptype.c for __EMX__ (John Poltorak)
    better handling of elf notes (Jason Thorpe)

Please feel free to comment on the api, as well as build problems, warnings
etc.

christos